Thursday, 3 November 2011

Mommy's Little Helper - Friday October 28, 2011

This morning while Harry was napping, Ella helped me with some of the laundry.  She seems to be a huge fan of taking things out of the dryer and putting them into a clothes basket (or bucket as she calls it).  Today it was the diapers that needed to come out of the dryer.  The diapers we use have two sizes of inserts (long and short) plus the outer pocket. 

What should have been a 5 second job turned into a 30 minute job because of Ella's 'process'.  For those of you that know me well enough, you know I have my own 'process' for most household chores :)  Well, it appears I have created a monster in Ella.  For each insert that was pulled out of the dryer, Ella had to place it in a pile according to it's length (she's quite skilled at sorting!), smooth it out with both hands and then pat in with one hand before reaching in for the next one.  When I finally realized what she was doing, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry (because of the lifelong aggravation this type of 'organizing' will likely cause her). 

In the end, the diapers were finally removed from the dryer and I had a chance to drink ALL of my coffee!



1 comment:

  1. haha i literally laughed out loud reading this.and picturing her in the act..like mother like daughter....and so young.....haha

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: