Monday, 12 December 2011

Advent Calendar - Day 12

Our activity for today was playing with play dough using Christmas cutters and stamps.  Ella loves play dough and she told me so several times throughout the morning.  Today was the longest she has sat to play with it and I'm thinking it's because I let her take out all the colours rather than just one or two.

I thought she would like pressing the Christmas stamps into the play dough to see the pictures, but she definitely wasn't interested in that at all.  She was happy to roll each piece in her hands and then set them in a row on the table.  I even made a Christmas tree with little ornaments on it, but she tore it apart and rolled it up!  The funniest thing though - I flatted a piece of purple dough and pressed it with a Santa stamp, but when I showed it to her she grabbed it and said "No!  That's my pizza pie!"  (?????)  We have never said the words pizza and pie together before, so I have no idea where she got that.

Poor Harrison slept through the entire play dough activity.  To keep him included, I'll give a brief update.  Harry is now 6 1/2 months!  He is rolling both ways and is sitting up on his own pretty well now.  He's fairly quiet (he doesn't 'talk' as much as Ella did at that age), but recently he has started squealing to get my attention.  He's a great sleeper (most of the time), but he can be a cry baby and he is definitely playing strange (he's a momma's boy).  He has started eating solids and so far he has tried rice, barley, oatmeal, carrots, sweet potato, squash, peas and apple.  Out of these he strongly dislikes carrots and apple and medium dislikes peas.  He's a bit dramatic when he doesn't like a food.  I'm finding I don't have the time to make the purees as I did with Ella, so he hasn't tried as much as Ella did at his age...hopefully we can get going on this soon!  Also, he loves Ella and always looks for her when he gets up from his sleep.

Here's some pics of Ella with the play dough...





I left the room for a minute and came back to Ella with her bib on and sitting in a chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: