Sunday, 18 December 2011

Advent Calendar - Day 18

We decorated our gingerbread house today!  Last year I bought a make-your-own gingerbread house kit and it was just short of disastrous.  I couldn't get the pieces to stay together long enough for the icing to harden, so the house kept caving in...ah!  Although I enjoyed eating the gingerbread house last year, I decided to buy a pre-made house and just do the decorating.

Ella was very happy to be involved in this activity.  She may have also gone to bed with a stomach ache due to all the candies she ate!  Most of the candy that came with the kit was hard and not great for her age group, but I added some Mn M's that we had here so she liked those.  She pretty much ate more candy than she put on the house, but she also did a lot of the decorating.  I even caught her pulling some of the candy back off the house and popping it into her mouth!  I think most would agree, she is definitely my child.

Harrison update:  today he learned to clap (thanks to Nan and 'If you're happy and you know it..'), ate Baby Mum Mums for the first time and finally ate his carrots!  Very big day for the boy.

reaching for the first candy

one candy for the gingerbread house and one in her mouth

and another candy



the only pic we could get of her and me and the house

eating a baby Mum Mum and LOVING it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: