Thursday, 19 April 2012

My Newest Creation - Matching Bib and Burp Cloth

So -  I had some leftover material and an old towel, so I decided to make a couple stylish bibs and burp cloths!  Most of Ella's bibs were pink, so Harrison has a very small selection of bibs.  Most of the 'gender neutral' ones are Christmas themed, so we turn them around!  This was a very easy project and they are pretty cute too!
bib and burp cloth # 1

Folded back to show the towel side

Bib and Burp Cloth #2...ran into a bit of trouble with one of the ribbons moving while I was sewing!  

How did I make them?  I traced one of Harrison's bibs onto both the towel and the pretty material.  Then I pinned them together and sewed around!  I happened to have some extra ribbon lying around, so I sewed that on.  However, I would prefer a bib with snaps...maybe I'll make one of those next!

For the burp cloths I pretty much just drew the pattern free-hand, based on the size and shape of the other burp cloths I have.  I traced it onto both pieces of material and sewed them together!  In the words of Ella "TA DA!!" - stylish and easy bib and burp cloth.

Harrison is posing here

I couldn't get him to sit still for a photo...he kept trying to climb up on me

Then he lost interest and started looking at the highchair wheels...
The other side too

Always has his tongue out!

The only problem I have now, is that I don't want them to get dirty!  :)

This project is linked up with these parties - check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: