Sunday, 13 May 2012

Mother's Day

I need to start by saying a very happy Mothers' day to all the moms and moms-to-be out there.  As I write this, I'm sitting here on my couch with my delicious chai latte and thinking 'how is this already my third Mothers' day??'.  Ah!!


Well, I had a wonderful third Mothers' day, despite a terrible cold I caught.  It started off with Adam getting up with the kids so I could sleep in (he did that Saturday too because I wasn't feeling well)!!  Then Ella and Adam made me pancakes for breakfast - one of my favourite breakfasts.  No, scratch that.  One of my favourite meals!  Unfortunately Adam didn't get a chance to take any pictures of Ella helping him cook, but I snapped this one of the final product.


Yum!


Ella  & Harrison (Adam) made me a cute card with a poem and picture inside and pooled their money to buy me a nice swing for the backyard.  I'm wondering now if we are giving them too much allowance??  :-)


Later in the morning my parents and brother came over for brunch.  My parents and I played with the kids while Adam and my brother made the food.  It was delicious!  I also discovered another card Ella made for me at daycare last week (thanks Sophie!).  My mom picked her up from daycare, so she kept the card until today as a surprise.  


The two moms

Mom, me, Marc

So happy!

Ella and Pops playing a computer game

Adam snuck in this one...nice t-shirt Adam!  :D

You can't tell here, but Harry kept grabbing the book and turning the pages



Enjoying lunch

Looking like a little boy now! (rather than a baby)



After the naps, Adam took both the kids to the car wash (very exciting!) and then to see his mom.  I got to stay home and sit on the deck with my book.  Yes, I do realise Mothers' day is about spending time with your kids.  Seriously though,  last week was LONG and I've been feeling so miserable with this cold, I needed a nice break!


When they all came home, I hung out with the kids while Adam barbecued our dinner.  It was a lovely day, overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: