Friday, 29 June 2012

Chicken and Tomato Bake Recipe and More Library Fun

Today I have a delicious super-fast and easy recipe to share!  It's a dish that I often make in the slow-cooker, but it can be done in the oven as well.  As with most of my delicious dinner creations, it doesn't photo well.  I've taken a snap shot anyway.


Yes, it looks a bit yucky - but I assure you it's tasty!

Here's my recipe...I'll call it...

'Chicken and Tomato bake':

4 - 6 Chicken breasts, thighs, drumsticks or whatever
1 can of  no salt added diced tomatoes (seasoned or not season..whatever)
8 - 10 sliced mushrooms
salt and pepper
grated cheese (whatever kind you have in your fridge)

- Place chicken pieces in a greased (with cooking spray) glass baking dish.
-Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and whatever other spices your like.
-Fry mushrooms (seasoned with salt) and then spoon over chicken
-Pour can of diced tomatoes over chicken.

Cover baking dish with foil and bake on 375 until chicken is cooked (cooking time will vary depending on type of chicken you're using - ie. bone or no bone and size of pieces).  Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese.  Return to the oven until cheese is melted.  Pair with pasta or rice and your favourite vegetables!



When I make this in the slow cooker, I use a whole chicken.  I season the chicken then pour the mushrooms and tomatoes over top and cook on low for the day.  I don't usually add cheese to the slow cooker recipe.  


I'll also throw in a few cute pictures from our library trip this morning.


Playing with all the toys - Harry loves the Arc

Ella is building 'the biggest ever castle'

Turning the bucket on its side was much easier for Harry - he almost fell in a couple of times trying to lean over the side!

Lastly (yes this post is jam-packed with excitement!), I need to mention my links with 'See Vanessa Craft'.  Maybe you've noticed the button on my sidebar 'Featured on See Vanessa Craft'?  Well, she has a link party called Crafty Friday's where bloggers can link up on Fridays (hence the name) with something crafty they've done.  I've linked up three times so far and have seen many awesome creations from other bloggers.  These link up parties are ALL OVER the blogging world - you just have to look for them.  So anyways, the exciting part is you are allowed to grab her 'featured on..' button if you are one of the top three viewed links over the week - and I have been on the top three for the last two weeks!  Very cool. Here are the links to see the posts I linked up - Peasant Dress & Felt Ice Cream Cones.  You should check them out - I love this site! 


 P.S. - If you see a 'Do Something Crafty' button (or any other button) at the bottom of my post, it means I've linked up and you should click on the button to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: