Friday, 21 September 2012

Movie Night!

Hi all!  It's Friday night (finally), so that means movie night at our house...for Ella, anyway.  This week's movie (borrowed from the library) is Garfield.  It was half my pick and half Ella's pick.


Last week while Ella was trying to decide on a movie, Harry was having a temper tantrum while a million kids were doing crafts at the library.  I'm not joking - there were a million kids there.  There were also a million other moms.  I just wanted to get out of there!   So, I made the mistake of taking the first movie Ella held up without so much as looking at the cover.  Turns out, we borrowed Ice Age:  A Christmas Adventure (or something to that effect).  Nothing like a Christmas movie in September.


Tonight it's Adam's turn to watch the movie with Ella.  He's pretty stoked because he gets to have cheesies (actually, they're cheese sticks...we buy the no name brand).

OK - he's actually smiling because of a funny story he was telling me

Cheesies (cheese sticks) are also the highlight of Ella's evening.  She had her first Cheesie this summer for the first time (to our knowledge) and she hasn't looked back!


The movie lasted for about 20 minutes before Ella asked to turn it off so she could play.  :-)  I guess we'll wait a bit longer before her first trip to the movie theatre!

I wanted to write about our morning at the Early Years Centre, but I couldn't take any pictures because there were too many other kids there.  I did manage to get a couple of pictures before we left the house, though.  Ella LOVES the EYC.  In fact, she sings about how much she loves it all the way there (it's a 20 minute drive...so that's fun).

The classic shot of the kids in the car before we leave

I wanted the kids to stand together so I could take their picture, but by the time I snapped the button, this is what I ended up with...


There's a lovely one of Ella, though.  It's the first time she's kept on her poncho (made by Grandma) for more than 20 seconds.  Hurrah!  She was so excited to wear it this morning, but I got a little annoyed after awhile when she kept telling me she couldn't do things (hold the railing to walk down the stairs, put on her shoes, open the door, climb into the van, hold her water cup, put on her hat...) because there were no holes for her hands to come out of her sweater.   I'm laughing about it now because she was so serious.



That's about all for today.  I have a fall craft/activity coming up for tomorrow's post.  You won't want to miss it!

Thanks for reading :D

2 comments:

  1. Ella is hilarious! I miss our EYC days together :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it's not the same when I only have the EYC ladies to talk to..LOL

      Delete

You May Also Enjoy: