Friday, 26 October 2012

Jumping in the Leaves

Somehow, over the last month, summer has completely disappeared and fall is 100% upon us.  I love fall.  I always have.  I'm okay with getting up in the morning when it's pitch black out.  I'm also okay with the sun going down as we're eating dinner.  I love seeing the leaves changing colour, and I don't even mind raking them ( I love a clean lawn...ha ha).  


Ella has been waiting, ever so patiently, since last year to jump in a huge pile of leaves.  We don't have many at our house, but there are tons at Nan's and Pops' house.  What is it about leaf jumping that's so fun and exciting for kids?  I used to love getting buried by the leaves, and now all I can think about is all the bugs that are probably crawling through them and the animals that have potentially peed on those leaves.  Have I ruined leaf jumping for anyone?  Sorry about that.

Here a few pictures of a couple of the world's cutest kids - jumping in the leaves. (*Note - I write 'a few' pic.'s because I actually narrowed these down from about 50 pictures...these were the best)


She's in full-jumping mode here.  Check out the tongue!


I'm pretty sure Ella's saying 'tada!'


Just chillin' in the leaves


She was loving when we buried her in the leaves


Here we are running...


...and jumping.



I love how Harrison has found something to play with while Ella is jumping up and down.




Running towards Harrison - it looks like he's diving out of the way.



Harrison trying to attack Ella


Still trying to attack, but not doing a very good job.



Thanks for reading :D



PS.  Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!!  A set of 4 Felt Gingerbread Men from my Etsy shop. Giveaway ends Sunday - click here to enter!


11 comments:

  1. Nan and Pops have no leaves compared to Aunt Michelle and Uncle Will

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya...should have taken them out to your house for a jump in the leaves!

      Delete
  2. If you want some leaves Aunt Janice has a lot. Just say the word and I will drop some off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK - we're getting a lot of leaves offerings now...LOL...just to be clear, I won't be raking any more leaves this season..haha.

      Delete
  3. Adorable! Looks like so much fun!
    Following you back from the weekend blog hop!
    Looking forward to getting to know you!

    Happy Crafting!
    ~Melissa
    ♥ ♥ My Watermelon Moon ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet pictures!! We went from summer to fall in the past week. The leaves are GORGEOUS! We've been getting some awesome leaves pictures too!

    Yay for fall fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica! Leaves are so much fun for kids aren't they? My 8 yr old played in the leaves for hours yesterday, raking and jumping in.

    Thanks for sharing with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party :) I also stopped by your Etsy shop and added you to my favorites and circle. I'm PaperCrushCrafts on there if you were wondering :))

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula - your shop is so cute...I'll remember it when the birthday parties come around again next year :D Love those cupcake toppers!

      Delete
  6. These are great. The little ones are so easy to make happy, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: