Saturday, 20 October 2012

My First Blogging Award!

My first blogging award - how exciting!!  

Thank you Know Better Now  for the award :)


The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It's given to up and coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. It's a way to acknowledge and encourage each other, and its a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs who deserve a larger audience.
Here's what I (the recipient) have to do:

1) Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
2) Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
3) Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
4) Go to their pages and inform them of the nominations.
5) Absolutely NO tag backs.
6) Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers


Here are 11 things about me:

  1. I make spreadsheets (for anything and everything).
  2. I would rather be cold than hot 
  3. I love doing jig-saw puzzles
  4. I play(ed) the trumpet and the piano
  5. People dressed as large animals make me feel uncomfortable.
  6. I'm Metis
  7. I'm shy
  8. My hair colour is natural 
  9. I am a biology/chemistry instructor
  10. I used to have a belly button ring
  11. I love dogs

Here are my 11 Questions:

1. Where and when do you usually blog?
I blog whenever I get a chance...this usually means after both kids are in bed (after 8pm) or while they are eating lunch on the days I'm home.  I don't have a smart phone, so my blogging happens on my computer, at home...at the kitchen table.
2. Who is your current celebrity crush?
I think I have a thing for Adam Levine and I will always have a place in my heart for Batman, I mean Christian Bale
3. Who was your celebrity crush when you were a teen?
I'm drawing a blank on this one...probably Brad Pitt or something like that.
4. What is your favourite book of all time?
Are you There God, It's Me, Margaret.  Again, I'm drawing a blank...I know there are others.
5. If you could re-decorate any room in your house right now, which room would it be and why?
Basement rec-room, hands down.  It is atrocious!  Pink carpet in some areas and ceramic tile in others (what were the previous home owners thinking, I ask?).  There is also no baseboard or trim around the doors AND  we are currently using a relative's furniture.  BOO.
6. Cottage or Road Trip?
cottage!
7. What is your favourite movie of all time?
The Sound of Music triple tied with When Harry Met Sally & Love Actually
8. Romance: Super Cheesy or Super Sweet?
cheesy
9.If you could improve one thing in your community, what would it be?
I would add a Splash Pad :D
10. What is the best piece of advice you were ever given?
From a neighbour - Whatever decisions you make for you and your baby, will be the right ones
11. What is your favourite Reality T.V. Show?
Tori and Dean Storibook Weddings...which is no longer on, but I wish it was...tied with So You Think You Can Dance...tied again with Dragon's Den


Now here are my questions for those I've nominated: 

1.  Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
2.  What was the most exciting thing to ever happen to you?
3.  What is your favourite song?
4.  If you could be a character from any television show, who would you be?
5.  Why do you blog?
6.  What is your favourite day of the week and why?
7.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
8.  What is your favourite talk show?
9.  When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
10.  What is your favourite drink? (alcoholic or non)
11.  Where is your favourite family tradition & why?

I now pass this award on to the following bloggers...so go check them out too!






8 comments:

  1. Hi Ella! Thanks so much for linking up with both blog parties, and for the follow :) I'm now your newest follower! Nice to meet you!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, nice to meet you too! I should have clarified in my comment, but Ella is my daughter and I'm Jessica :D Thanks for following back!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award. I'm following you from the hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award!! That makes you feel like you're doing something right, eh? I found you via the blog hop and am now your newest follower!
    -Laura
    http://robandladi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a belly button ring! I would have never guessed that...it's always the shy ones...

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: