Monday, 8 October 2012

Nothing Says Thanksgiving like Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins

Yesterday we got together at my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving dinner.  Ella and I decided to make a dessert from her new cookbook (birthday gift from Great Grandma) to bring for the family.


Ella was excited to wear her new Dora apron for the baking adventures (birthday gift from Grandma).



We (I) decided on Pumpkin Gingerbread Bunt Cake (not pictured below).  Ella was much more interested in looking through her cookbook at all the pictures.



She read out the ingredients for me and I placed them on the counter....  :D



I let Ella do all the heavy mixing and she only spilled a tiny bit on the counter.  Quite the improvement from last time.



After all the ingredients were in the bowl, Ella leaned right in and took a big whiff.  'Mmmm, those eggs smell delicious', she said.



Of course, once the batter was all mixed up and ready to go into the oven, my bunt pan was nowhere to be found (seriously, if anyone reading this has borrowed it, call me and let me know!).  So we made muffins instead.  I tried to get Ella to pose with the muffins before we left for Great Grandma's but she wasn't having it.



Thanksgiving dinner was fun, but we were missing a few family members.  Luckily we were able to Skype with cousin Jennalee and fiance Kyle who are in BC.



These (see below) are the only two crazy people that would allow their pictures to go on the blog...actually, I may have forgotten to ask them.


Nan gave Ella a whipped cream treat all over her tray (and nose).



But Ella returned the favour.


Ella finally got to have her muffin - she had been asking for one since they came out of the oven that afternoon.



We also managed to capture pictures of a couple more rare Harrison moments.  Climbing up on Great Poppa's knee....



...and going to Great Grandma as well!



Thanksgiving wouldn't have been complete without a good old-fashioned turkey hat.



Oh, and also a Nemo hat.  Thanks Jen!  These are the best pictures I've managed to get of their new hats so far, but there will be more to come.



We didn't do much to celebrate Thanksgiving today, but I didn't manage to bake us  a delicious pumpkin pie.  Yes, that is a home-made crust...mostly because the store was sold out of the frozen ones.  :D



Thanks for reading :D


* Don't forget to click on the button to the right each day to vote for this blog.  Thanks!*

1 comment:

  1. So cute, I think someday soon she will be baking on her own. Nan sure makes things fun. I wish I could help you, but I don't know where your bundt pan is. LOL

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: