Sunday, 14 October 2012

Thirty Something, Thirty Everything

Most of the people who read this blog know me.  As in we're real-life or Facebook friends and acquaintances.  Because of this, most of the people who read this blog, know it was my birthday on Saturday.  My thirtieth birthday, to be exact.  So, I might as well write about it.


I spent most of the day in a golf tournament with my mom, dad and aunt.  We were so lucky to have nice (and by nice, I mean it didn't snow or rain) weather.  It was still cold, however.  This leaf was frozen into the cup holder of our golf cart.


Here's Dad and I in our cart.


Mom and Aunt Tanya...well, Mom anyway.



Luckily we played best ball, so we ended up with a pretty nice score.  We even used my ball a couple of times!  







Nothing like wearing a winter toque and warm-up pants while golfing.  The scenery was lovely, although, I did take some slack for taking pictures of the trees when I was supposed to be hitting the ball.  Meh.  It was my birthday.




Our team.



After the tournament, we went out for dinner with all of these crazy people.


Minus Adam - he's taking the picture.
 Harrison had a great time playing with the crayons.  Colouring is his new favourite activity.



 There were many pictures taken.  Including this ridiculous one.  I still can't believe I'm posting it.







Adam snuck in the back of this picture - he was trying to do 'the last supper'.  Feel free the shake your head or roll your eyes at this point.  



Finally, some of us came back to our house for a piece of delicious chocolate cake that Adam made (bought).  Who else, but Ella, was right there for the first piece.   



She had a pretty fun night and got to stay up until almost 9:00pm.  We didn't really have much choice there - that cake had a lot of sugar in it.



It was a nice day, overall.  

To be honest, I've spent most of the last year dreading the day I would turn thirty.  I'm sure I even cried about it at one point (okay, several times).  I can't say exactly what I was worried about, but it probably had something to do with feeling like the fun times were over.

 I remember buying a book (ten years ago, ugh) when I turned twenty.  It was called Twenty Something, Twenty Everything.  It was about all the changes people go through during their twenties and how difficult a time it can be.  My twenties definitely were a crazy (and eventful) time.  I finished University, got my first real job, bought a house, got engaged, got married, had two children and made some great new friends. 

After thinking about it for awhile (a long while), I can't help but feel like all of the hard stuff (not the fun stuff) is over.  Yes,  many of the exciting things are over too, but everyday I spend with Ella and Harry, I know there are so many more exciting things to come.  As a wise woman of thirty, I no longer have to worry about the pressures of school work, the drama of friendships, the stress of a wedding (sorry engaged friends!) or the curiosity around childbirth.  Been there, done that.   I kind of feel like I'm cruising now and enjoying life. 

Thanks for reading :D

8 comments:

  1. Wow what a great birthday. And very well put about the last ten years, you have accomplished alot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great birthday. And very well put about the last ten years, you have accomplished alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me! You are going to be so grateful now that you're in your thirties...the twenties are a gong show...the thirties are just enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking back, yes, the twenties (and I'd also include all of the teen years) were a gong show. Glad to be in a more 'stable' decade :D LOL

      Delete
  4. You've got it pegged! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Live in the moment, and don't sweat the small stuff. Hard to believe, but it only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks really cold! I love the pictures though.. such a beautiful place!


    I"m your newest follower from the Monday Mingle
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was cold, but fun. A colourful time of year for golfing.

      Thanks for following! I'm following back :D

      Delete

You May Also Enjoy: