Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Ella's Flying Fairy School

We had a couple of visitors during lunchtime today - visitors that brought along a Tinkerbell costume AND a butterfly costume.   Say What?!    As soon as they left, Ella demanded to get down from the table (soup untouched) and put on her new Tinkerbell costume.  After I managed to get about 5 bites of soup into her, I let her get down from the table and the chaos ensued...


She's not happy that I made her leave her undershirt on...you'll notice I did allow the pants, socks and long-sleeved shirt to come off.  How do you explain 'compromise' to a three-year-old??


Here's a lovely 'wing shot'.  Initially, she was upset because Tinkerbell is supposed to have white wings .  Somehow she managed to move past that crisis.


BEYOND happy to be dressed as Tinkerbell


The flying begins!

And the flying continues...

...and Harrison catches on...


...and he flaps his wings all the way to his bed for nap-time. 

Ella's best quote of the day (after taking off her wings and while on her way to bed for a nap):  I'll just walk to my bed, Mommy, I can't fly anymore because I took my wings off.

Thanks for reading :D

14 comments:

  1. Super cute....Harrison needs some cute little costumes for sure! I can see him in a little fireman coat :)
    On a side note...I was so impressed with Ella and Claire last night...who knew those two could play for so long without needing us hanging over them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he'll need some costumes, eventually. Also - I was very impressed too! They did really well together and even worked together to clean up :D Friendly AND smart.

      Delete
  2. You have a girly girl! Love your daughter's quote too :)

    Thanks for sharing this and your Etsy shop with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids keep us on our toes! I also started blogging to try and bring family closer. Found you through Paula's No Rules blog hop. I'm now following with GFC. You might like my parenting blog at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    Tina - American mom raising 4 kids in South Africa, author of 4 blogs and sharing a 5th one with Hubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :D I will definitely check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. These are great! It's funny that the lil one caught on to big sis's flapping. :)

    I'm visiting you from the weekend Blog Walk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - he copies everything! It's so cute. Thanks for visiting again :D

      Delete
  5. So cute! My 3 year old is obessesed with TinkerBell and we play dress up a lot.

    New follower from Weekend Blog Walk.
    http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love dress up :D Thanks for visiting! I'll head over to your blog.

      Delete
  6. What cute little ones with big imaginations! And a great job picking your battles, Mom. :-) I have a four year old daughter who is also big on imagination and very strong willed too! We have lots of interesting stories at our house.

    I clicked on your blog through TGIF Blog Hop. Hello!

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: