Sunday, 18 November 2012

The Letter Game - by Ella and Harry

On Friday afternoon Ella and Harrison (so, Ella) invented a new game.  Ella calls it 'The Letter Game' ("you know Mommy, it's the letter game...").  As far as I could/can tell, the game consists of Ella lining up the foam letters in a long line in no particular order.  That's it.  That's the game.  I guess one can't ask for much more from a three-year-old.  An excellent first game-invention.




Harrison wanted to play right away.  He added a new aspect to the game which included removing the letters from the centre of each piece.



Ella didn't think this should be part of the game, and she got a little bit upset.  Harrison gladly returned some of the letters to her.


Before long both kids were distracted by something...that would be Dora.


Ella carried on playing the letter game and Harry had fun carrying his letters around the room.  Apparently, they were just right for his sore gums.



Mommy:  "Harrison, it's time to clean up the letters."

Harrison:  "Why?"

:D   

I should also share the surprise we got on Saturday morning.  While Adam and I were making breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, Ella and Harrison were busy colouring on their dry erase board.  Suddenly, Ella turned around to say she drew the letters of her name.  What?!   I was so excited, so I hurried over to the easel and this is what I found...



...Sure enough, Ella drew the letters E, l, L, A on the dry erase board.  They weren't in a row or in order...but they were there.  I used my trusty Photobucket account to circle each letter in yellow in case they didn't jump out at you.  The two L's are side by side at the top (oh ya, one is lower case and one is upper case).  The E is the bottom right and the A is the bottom left.  

I guess the letter game paid off!

Thanks for reading :D

9 comments:

  1. I love the big foam letters for the kiddos. So many uses and potential uses, and the're easy to handle.

    The pics are cute.

    I'm visiting again from a hop, this time the NO Rules Weekend one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get this for my son.I'm your newest follower from moms Monday mingle, would love it if you could come by and follow back?
    Erica
    www.ericastartwalking.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Erica :D I will head over to your blog!

      Delete
  3. I think this game is catching on, my 2.5 yr old was playing it on the weekend though not as accepting as Ella with any modifications. How wonderful that she wrote her name unsolicited!! Yay for Ella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's more popular than I thought! Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  4. Lol aw, they are so cute. That's amazing that she wrote her name for the first time, you must be so proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I am definitely very proud of her...she's so smart!

      Delete
  5. New follower from the Mommy Moments blog hop. Suck a sweet story and one that I'm sure you will treasure forever.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: