Friday, 23 November 2012

This from That Revived ~ Doll Hat made from Fleece Pants

It's finally time to revive my 'This from That' series.  Actually, it's only back for two weeks and then it will be back again in January.  I'll be posting about our Advent Activities during December (yay!!).

Today, I made Ella's baby doll, Rosie, her very own winter toque from a pair of Ella's old fleece pants.  



Over the past few months, I've acquired a gigantic stash of fabric and old clothes (free material - yay!).  Here are a few of the piles of material I have.  These are just crying out to me to be re-purposed.



My idea came from some adorable winter hats I saw on Pinterest which were made from old sweaters.  Here's the link for that pin.  The hats were made by Make it and Love it.  Since my kids definitely don't need any more winter hats, I thought why not make one for the bazillion baby dolls that are lying around this house.

So here we go...

I cut out a small hat shape from the bottom of the pant legs.  Make sure you line up the top and bottom pieces really well, otherwise, you'll end up with two different sizes!


Then I pinned the right-sides together and sewed it up.  Fleece is pretty 'slippery', so be sure it pin it well.


Here's the finished hat...


This little project took me about 5 minutes from start to finish and cost me $0.  Looks like the baby dolls are getting a new winter wardrobe this season!  

Thanks for reading :D


2 comments:

  1. That's adorable! What a great idea. I love the concept of reviving old things to make new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out really cute. :)

    Visiting today from the weekend blog walk.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: