Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Advent 2012 - Day Nineteen: Christmas Baking

 
Back again so soon ; )  I'll get right to the point.  I had day nineteen all planned out.  We were going to do Christmas baking and decorate some gingerbread men.  That quickly got axed and a new baking plan was devised!  I found an easy chocolate chip banana bread recipe from Ella's cookbook, and I set up all the ingredients for Ella to put together and mix up when she arrived back home tonight.  Where does Christmas come in, you ask?  Well, I won some adorable silicon baking trays last year in one of our gift exchanges.  They are shaped like reindeer, gingerbread men, Santa and a Christmas tree.  They are perfect for  banana bread!
 
 Ella did a very nice job helping me measure the ingredients...


..and mixing up the batter.  Although, she did mention a few times how tough the mixing was.


I quickly poured the batter so Ella could get back to her colouring. 


Here they are just before going into the oven...

 
...and here they are after!  I was surprise at how well they came out of the trays...gotta love that silicone.  Pay no attention to the reindeer who is missing an antler and tail.

 
Ella was long in bed when these guys came out of the oven, but she informed us she was looking forward to having some for breakfast.  Ha ha - that will be interesting.
 
 
I better include Harrison too - here he is reading his stories before bed.  He must have had a great time with Nan and Pops because he sure was tired!
 


Thanks for reading :D




1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays! Following from Thee Networking Blog Hop. Please stop by my blog & follow if you haven't already. :)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: