Saturday, 29 December 2012

What Went Down On Christmas Day

Has anyone been wondering what we've been up to over the Christmas holidays?  Well, you're in luck because I'm back to share after taking a few days off - hey, a girl's gotta relax you know!
 
Today I thought I would share some pictures from Christmas and boxing day, and tomorrow I'll get back to business.  I have BIG plans for the blog for 2013, and I can't wait to get going on them!
 
Somehow I forgot to take the annual 'children in front of the tree on Christmas morning' photo.  Ahh!  I'm still kicking myself for that one.  I really didn't think of it until tonight - after we finished taking down our tree and shoving it in the garage.  Typical Jessica.
 
I did remember to snap a couple of pics of the kids Christmas gifts...notice the  little pink airplane. 
 

To our surprise, neither of the kids are big on opening presents.  They prefer to open a gift and then take awhile to play before opening another gift.  This is totally fine with us (in fact it is preferred), but I think we were expecting them to want to rip through everything. 
 
Here's Ella taking her time peeking into this gift.
 
 
Harrison's taking some time to play with this cute little car he got.
 
 
After we opened gifts at home, we went over to Nan's and Pops' house for brunch and a few more gifts.  The kids had their naps there while the adults had a few hours to relax...this is a rarity on Christmas day!
 
 
Harrison was dying to get into this cool toy, but we made him wait because it was time for brunch!
 
 
The highlight of my Christmas day was when Ella wrote her name on the Christmas tablecloth at my grandparents.  Although she did the L's before the E, it is at least legible!  (note - Each year my grandma puts out this tablecloth, and all the people who visit during the holidays sign their name or write a message with the date.  Hence, the Christmas tablecloth.)
 
 
Boxing day was spent at Grandma's and Grandpa's house where the kids got to play with cousin Riley.  Ella and Riley (finally) seem to be at the age where they talk to each other AND play together (yeah!!).  Here they are playing together with Harrison's new toy (LOL).
 

We finally got to have a day at home on the 27th.  Ella and I went grocery shopping in the morning, and we all played with the new toys in the afternoon.  Harrison had a lot of fun pulling things around in his new wagon.  Here he is pulling around his cup of blueberries.  He stopped every once in awhile to eat one.  This picture screams Dennis the Menace.


That's about all.  Adam and I have been cleaning house over the past two days.  We are finally getting rid of all the junk under the basement stairs and in the garage and in the spare closets and in the toy room and I think you get the idea.  Time for a new (organized) year!  I'm really looking forward to getting to the store for some baskets to organize the toy room.  I'll keep you posted on what I come up with...there are some great ideas on Pinterest (surprise, surprise).

Thanks for reading :D



3 comments:

  1. I love that idea with the table cloth. Looks like the kids had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a busy Christmas, but a fun one! The photo of your little one pulling his blueberries is cute :)

    I'd like to invite you to join our weekly Sunday and Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop. Come link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend :)

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Looks like it was a pretty fun day. Jack is super excited to help Harrison get into trouble next week :) Luckily you will have Ella with you to help keep all these boys in line.
    Love the tablecloth idea too! I might have to steal a bit of that idea.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: