Monday, 28 January 2013

Macaroni - It's Not Just For Dinner Anymore!

We ventured into some new arts and crafts territory today - macaroni art!  I've been dying to do this for awhile now, but I wasn't too sure how it would go.  Turns out - she's ready!
 
 
 
 
I was mostly dreading the glue that would possibly end up all over the place.  Glue is one of my least favourite things.  It doesn't matter if it's white glue, clear glue or hot glue.  I don't like the smell or the appearance or when it touches things it shouldn't touch.  Thankfully, the glue stayed on the paper.
 
I made a glue flower and showed Ella how to place the macaroni.  She was off to a good start...
 
 
 
...and then the weirdness took over.
 
 

 
 
She did a great job with the flower, so I decided to write her name at the bottom and she macaroni - d that up too.
 

 
 
Here is her completed work of art.  For her next macaroni project, she has requested to make a 'paw'.  I have no idea where this comes from.
 
 

 
 
And where was Harrison during all of this excitement?  He was touring around with Ella's sparkly shoes. 
 

 
 
 
 Thanks for reading :D




2 comments:

  1. Great job! Glue....so wrong and yet so right. Did you ever love getting all over your fingers when you were little so you could peal it off in one long strip? I did. This was what I was doing instead of paying attention to the math lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And adorable :0) I’m a new follower of your blog from the Monday Mingle Blog Hop! Would love if you could stop by mine. Thanks :0)

    The Three Whiskateers
    http://thethreewhiskateers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: