Wednesday, 6 February 2013

14 Days of Valentine Activities - Day Five: Smartie Blondies

 
 
 
I didn't forget about posting yesterday!  I just fell asleep...and didn't wake up until this morning.
 
So today I'll be doing two Valentine posts :D
 
 
Remember how I promised baked goods for yesterday's post?  Well, here is what we made (and devoured). 
 

 
Is your mouth watering?
 
The original recipe ('Brown Sugar Blondies') came from Baked Perfection.  As soon as I saw them on Pinterest, I knew I HAD to make them!  They were made with MnM's, but I decided to use Smarties.  Here's the $10.00 bag of smarties I purchased from Bulk Barn.  The recipe only calls for 1 1/3 cups, but I decided to get a few more...probably not so necessary.
 

These squares were unbelievably simple and quick to make.  I managed to whip them up while the kids were eating lunch (I decided to keep them away from the baking process due to all the sneezing and drooling that's been happening around here lately).

My only complaint was that the recipe only made a 9x9 inch pan...I wish there were more.  Also, ours seemed to come out of the oven with one row missing.


The recipe says to bake for 20 - 25 minutes, and even though I forgot about them and left them in for closer to 35 minutes, they were still seriously chewy.


The kids enjoyed them, and I thought they were okay too.  Ella tricked me into taking this picture.  It's her new 'pose'.


Thanks for reading :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: