Friday, 29 March 2013

A Great Friday

After a long-short week, we were all pretty glad to have a Friday to ourselves!  I tried to capture the day in pictures, but some of it got away from me...as per usual.  Here's what we were up to today.
 

 
After breakfast Ella and I decided to work on an Easter craft.  We (I) made little bunnies out of toilet paper rolls.  My plan was to paint the rolls white and then decorate them with ears, tails and faces.  However, Ella wanted a blue bunny.  She also wanted to colour rather than paint.  I gave in and opted for a pink bunny. 
 


While we worked on our bunnies, Harrison waited for Daddy to finish his shower.  He REALLY wanted to get outside and play.


As soon as Adam was ready, he and Harrison went outside for a couple of hours.  I still don't really know what they do out there.  Sometimes they will stay out for two or three hours and just walk around the garage fiddling.  I guess Harrison gets it honestly.

 
After the crafting, Ella and I made our special 'Aunt Mary's Cake' to take to Grandma's and Grandpa's for dinner.  Ella added all the ingredients, except the eggs, and then stirred them up.  I put it into the stand mixer to finish the job.
 
 
 
It took all the willpower I have NOT to take a piece before dinner.  Yes, those are butterscotch AND chocolate chips sprinkled on the top.  
 

By this time, Ella needed a little rest as well as a snack.  She grabbed an apple and cozied up on the couch for a while.


Meanwhile, Harrison pulled as many toys as possible out of the garage - including his favourite:  the sidewalk chalk.  He doesn't want to draw pictures so much as he likes to carry around the bucket.  He calls them his 'colours'.


The warm(ish) weather was all the motivation I needed to do all of our laundry in one morning.  I was pretty happy to get some clothes out on the line after this long winter, but I was even happier to have a helper.  Ella pretty much followed me around this morning helping me out.  She's quite the big girl these days.


Being out on the deck also gave Ella the itch to get outside for awhile.  She quickly changed into her coat and went to play with Harry...the king of the castle.  :D


Adam caught this picture of Ella grabbing a random bucket from the garage and lugging it out to the back.  I'm not sure what her intentions were, but I'm pretty sure that bucket is still lying somewhere in our backyard.


The kids also found the bicycle trailer - one of the greatest treasures of summer.  Harrison got himself a little tangled up in it.


 Here is Ella helping Harrison get his mitts back on - she is also quite the big sister.  Every morning she tells us how she is going to be a 'good big sister to Harrison today'.  I'm wondering how long that will last.


We opted for an early lunch of ham and cheese sandwiches...Ella's favourite...and then off for naps before heading to Grandma's and Grandpa's house.


When we got to Grandma's and Grandpa's house, there was a special Easter egg hunt set up for Ella, Harrison and cousin Riley.  The kids searched the basement for their eggs - it was Harrison's first year taking part, so he was pretty excited!


Note - the farm animals in Harry's basket were not part of the activity.  He just really wanted to carry them around with him.

Here's cousin Riley searching for eggs...


...and Ella refusing to look at the camera.


Harrison could barely wait until the end of the hunt before busting open an egg to see what was inside.  I don't know who he gets that from.


Again, he was pretty excited!  I think he gathered the most eggs out of the three kids.


Adam tried to swipe some of his chocolate, but I'm not sure how successful he was.


Here are the three kids with their baskets.


 After a delicious turkey dinner, we had some yummy dessert...Harrison sat with Aunt Angie and Uncle Chris and dug into a cupcake...can you tell?


And that's where the pictures end for today.  On the drive home, Ella gobbled up ALL her candy from the Easter egg hunt, so she was up for awhile before going to bed.  Now that they're both asleep, I'm crossing my fingers for an 8 am wake up (which would be sleeping in around here) tomorrow. 

They sure had a fun day!

Thanks for reading :D

6 comments:

  1. Loved this post. Looks like it was a "Great" Friday indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Loved all the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I like the Dora Apron and the little Cars shoes!!

    looks like you have a lot of fun things going on right now. :) Happy Easter to you. I'm visiting today from Friday Chaos.

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: