Thursday, 25 April 2013

What To Do With All That Scrap Felt

My crafting moments are becoming fewer and farther between these last couple of weeks.  We are trying to get our basement organized (for new flooring!  woo!) and that means packing up all the craft stuff for awhile.  Oh, and also I've been kind of lazy. 
 
I came across a gigantic box of scrap felt that has been sitting in my craft section (no ladies, I don't have a room - I have a section) for months.  I've been meaning to do something with it...so I finally did.  No point in packing up all that scrap felt!

 


A banner is just about the easiest option for using up your scrap felt.  I literally took the scraps of felt out of the box and fed them through the sewing machine.  There's no need to cut them into perfect shapes (unless, of course, you have the time and want to) - the scrappy look is part of the fun!

These banners would be so cute for birthday party decorations or even to brighten up the playroom.  I think I ended up with about 10 feet of this scrappy felt banner.




So I wasn't kidding about the gigantic box of scrap felt.  I was also able to take some of the larger pieces and cut them into little circles before stringing them together.  If you're not into that scrappy look, these circles also make an adorable decoration.


 
 

My personal favourite use of this scrap felt is to use it as decoration around wrapping paper.  I like using plain wrap to package my Etsy items, and this colourful felt banner adds just the right touch!  I'm also considering it for ribbon around birthday gifts this year!  The only downside - you can't exactly tie it in a bow!
 




Hopefully this post provides some crafty inspiration! 

Thanks for reading :D



1 comment:

You May Also Enjoy: