Thursday, 25 July 2013

36 Weeks Pregnant: An Update


You didn't expect to see that giant belly in a bikini, did you?   :D

Here we are at 36 weeks.  According to Baby Centre Canada the baby weighs about 6 lbs., but I would bet it weighs closer to 45 lbs. - based on my current weight gain.

Things we DO NOT have prepared should this baby arrive tomorrow:

- assembled crib with bedding and mattress
- car seat lining washed from last baby
- newborn diapers or wipes (not a single one)
- hospital bag packed
- the paper with all the midwives pager numbers (it's around here somewhere)
- a plan of who will watch our kids
- a bedroom for the baby
- a list of baby names we like

Things we DO have prepared:

- I've been trying to think of something for a few minutes now, and nothing is coming to me.  At least we have some goals for the next four weeks!


Overall, I'm feeling well.  The baby moves around like a crazy person - one minute it's wedged under my ribs and the next minute it's clinging to my bladder.  There is constantly a body part protruding, and I'm wondering if this will be any indication of it's personality when it arrives.  Yikes!

I finally went through Ella and Harrison's newborn clothes and pulled out some gender neutral stuff to have on hand right away.  Although, as I mentioned before we have no where to put it yet, so they are in a box in the basement. 

I think Ella has given up hope that an actual baby will be coming to live with us - she used to ask all the time if the baby was coming today, and that has mostly stopped.  Harrison, on the other hand, has taken to gently rubbing my belly and occasionally kissing it.  He even took a picture of his new baby cousin Carter and rubbed it over the baby.  I'm not sure what that was all about, but it was cute, nonetheless.

August is going to be a busy month - we have a wedding, a couple birthdays, a bridal shower, a baby and school preparation for Ella.  This baby may be born into some chaos.  Regardless of when it decides to arrive, I'm mostly concerned with how I will get my royal coin - darn you Kate for not going a month overdue!

The four week countdown is on!

Thanks for reading :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: