Friday, 5 July 2013

The Elephant Show - Oh How I've Missed You!

The lunch table chatter has been minimal lately because we've been watching....The Elephant Show!!!  Thank goodness for You Tube or my kids might never know Sharon, Lois and Bram (because I'm too forgetful to order the DVDs or Cd's online).
 

The only problem I've encountered so far is most of the episodes are broken into sections, so after 10 minutes you have to hunt down the next part. 


Oh, and the other problem is that it now takes the kids 32 minutes to eat their lunch...well, it takes 2 minutes for them to eat after they've watched 30 minutes of The Elephant Show.  This is my own fault, but they love it so much I can't say no!


I had forgotten most of the songs from the show, including Skinnamarink, but now that I'm hearing them again I'm SO thankful to have the kids listening to and repeating songs that aren't sung by any of those crazy shows on TV today (not to mention those Little People Cd's....poke. my. eyes. out).


I also find myself eager to pull up the next show.  What is it with children's programming these days and why does it seem to inferior to the shows I used to watch as a kid.  Is my complaining about this a sign I'm getting old?

 
One of these days I'll order a DVD or CD of the Elephant Show, but for now we're happy to watch it on You Tube. 

Any suggestions of other older albums or shows the kids would enjoy?

Thanks for reading :D


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I forgot all about The Elephant Show until this post. I remember "Skinnamarink" so clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that look on Harrison, he is being very serious

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: