Thursday, 15 August 2013

Backyard Camping - Summer 2013


They did it again folks!  Adam and Ella ventured into the backyard and braved the skunks for another camping adventure.  It was a lot like last year's camp-out except they didn't wake up to a deflated air mattress which always makes for an enjoyable camping adventure.

This year, Adam and Ella sat down and made a list of all the things they would need in the tent. 


As you may have guessed, Ella dictated most of those items to Adam...I still have no idea what a thing-thing might be.

I came out to take a couple of pictures and ran into the skunk on my way...so I only got this one lovely photo before half-screaming and running back to the house.


They brought out a few (a ton) of snacks and watched a movie on Adam's IPod.  I think next year we'll go for a more authentic camping trip starting with a bon fire and marshmallows, followed by some games by flashlight in the tent.  Harrison will also be able to join next year.  He was a little jealous.  Unfortunately, I'll have to stay behind in the house with the baby next summer...it will be hard having the entire bed to myself and all of the big kids outside for the night, but I'm hoping I'll manage.

Last year Ella was up at the CRACK of dawn - I'm talking 5am or 6am.  Luckily for Adam, she slept right up until 7am this year.  I'm really looking forward to the days when the kids will be old enough to camp out in the backyard on their own.  Just another one of the many, many adventures we have in store for them!

Thanks for reading :D
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: