Monday, 16 September 2013

First Outing With Three



A couple weeks ago (September 3 to be exact), I made the daring decision to take my first outing with all three kids...by myself...at less than 2 weeks post-partum.  I'm not too sure what I was thinking there - just that I needed a few more things for Ella before she started school and I probably wouldn't have a chance to go in the evening. 

I loaded up the van with the three kids and our double sit and stand stroller, and we headed out.  My list included:
  • diapers
  • wipes
  • indoor shoes
  • water bottle
  • garlic bread

Easy enough, right?

When we got to the store, I loaded the kids into the stroller (yes, all three because Ella is high-maintenance and isn't a fan of walking).  I should have taken a picture of that - it was quite the ordeal.  Benjibenj was in his car seat in the front of the stroller while Harry and Ella shared the bench at the back.  It was a little squishy to say the least.

Once we got inside the store, Harrison made his first (of several) attempts to get out of the stroller.  That was the first point I realized we should have used a shopping cart.  Harrison cannot yet be trusted to walk in a store. 

The second time I realized we should have gone for the cart was when I tried to fit a jumbo box of diapers and a jumbo box of wipes into the stroller that already had three children. 

I think our entire in-store experience lasted all of 15 minutes.  Not bad - I managed to get everything on my list and no one had a melt-down, including me. 

Next time I'll go for the shopping cart, or I'll put Benny in the sling so I can tie Harrison down. 

Thanks for reading :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: