Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas Countdown: Day Sixteen



The kids were pretty excited for today's activity - decorating gingerbread men!  It's always a popular one in our house...at least with Ella it is!




They each got a tray full of cookies and their very own dishes filled with smarties and jelly beans.  I didn't have time to get more creative with the decorations.  Ella got right to work filling up her cookies with the candy.  She had me bring the icing back a few times to make sure every inch of every cookie was covered in icing. 




I had to help Harrison with his decorating - I'm not sure if he was afraid to touch the icing, or if he wasn't sure where to put the candies, but he was not interested in this activity once we started.  After a few minutes, I realized he had eaten half the candy without putting any of it on the cookies I gave him...


 
 
...so I just took his cookies and finished them myself.  A few minutes later, I also took away his candy dish!  Nothing like a bowl of smarties and jelly beans right before dinner!
 

 


And here are our completed cookies.  I only had time to bake half the cookies that day, so we ended up with plenty more cookies than this (lucky us).  If we're coming to your house on Christmas day, guess what we're bringing?! 




Thanks for reading :D


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: