Thursday, 3 April 2014

Our New Play Dough Recipe

At the beginning of the school year, I got a sweet play dough recipe from Ella's teacher.  My old recipe was a pain in the shorts - lets just say there was heating on the stove involved.  Who knew there was a way to make play dough without cooking?!  [Ha...clearly not I]
 
 

 
 
Until recently, Harrison has had a 'thing' about touching goopy stuff with his hands (IE. paint, play dough etc.).  Now, he is a little more comfortable digging in to that kind of thing.  He has been having a ton of fun with the play dough.  Right now we only have red and orange, so I need to get some more colours going soon.

 


Harry's favourite things to make with his play dough are balls.   Specifically, Mommy, Daddy and baby balls.  The only problem...he can't quite get them right.  Although he is practising really hard (see above), his balls still look more like snakes.  That's where I come in.  Here's Harrison eating a banana while he waits for me to turn all of the play dough into balls.  All fun and games, right?



After a few minutes he realises I'm taking more pictures than rolling balls...and this face appears.  He means business now.




Finally, the balls are ready!  Oh happy day.  It was a short time later when Harry smashed all the balls flat into 'cookies' only to request I roll them all again.  Awesome.



Here's my new play dough recipe - thought I'd be a doll and share it with anyone who's still cooking their play dough!

Play dough Recipe

2 1/2 cups of flour
2 small packages of Kool Aid
1/2 cup of salt
1 Tablespoon of Alum
2 cups of boiled water
3 Tablespoons of oil
 
Mix together the first four ingredients.
Add boiling water to dry mixture, then add oil.
Mix together with a fork 3 - 4 minutes (or more) until cool to mix with hands.
Knead until not sticky.
Store in sealed container or Ziploc bag
 



Thanks for reading :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Enjoy: