Monday, 15 December 2014

Christmas Countdown 2014: Day Fifteen

 
 
No, you didn't miss 3 days of our advent activities - days 12, 13 and 14 are currently stranded on my camera's memory card.  So, now for day 15!
 
A few years ago (before the blog), I attempted (and failed... miserably) to make a gingerbread house that was NOT pre-assembled.  It completely caved in and caused me hours of frustration (that was before I learned that 'giving up' was an option).  I still covered it in icing and candy and ate it - don't get me wrong - but it was still pretty annoying.  I swore never again, but then someone gave us one (LOL) and so I was forced to assemble my second gingerbread house.  Somehow, it went up without a hitch. 
 
The kids LOVE decorating the gingerbread houses, although, there was a ton of whining about not being able to eat the candies as they were decorating (how do they think it will get decorated if they eat all the candy??!!).
 
 
We're not sure what is happening in this picture, but I'm sure it has something to do with Harrison inspecting the candy from his dish.  He was pretty attached to the blue gumball.

 


And here is our finished product.  Ella and Harrison were each assigned one side of the roof, one of the side walls and either the front or the back wall.  Next year, when Ben is able to help out a bit, we may need to invest in a gingerbread mansion or one with a garage, so he has a space to decorate too.


 Thanks for reading :D

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I've tried making gingerbread houses in the past and they've all been fails. I, like you, would end up just eating the gingerbread house with the candy and icing still on the pieces. I don't know why they're so hard to assemble...they look simple. I blame the icing. :)

    <a href="http://mommymisc.net>mommymisc.net</a>

    ReplyDelete

You May Also Enjoy: